Tuesday, August 9, 2016

It All Begins With A Story

My grandmother used to like to tell me I was born in the middle of a snow storm. With a smile in her voice, she would talk about how the power went out and how the fire had died down in their wood burning stove. That was back in January of 1979. My grandmother is gone now, but stories like this  one inspire me to write on a daily basis.

I am the granddaughter of a coal miner, the daughter of a beautician, the wife of a minister and the mother of two, precious girls. I grew up and still live in rural WV, and stories are my passion. Whether it is a story written in a book, sung in a song or a tale told aloud, you can find me there. I began writing when I was eight-years-old and at present, there are over twenty story ideas/beginnings stored on my mac book's hard drive. Not all of them are finished; only three are published, but I am always coming up with new ideas. I also write songs and dabble in poetry. I write in different genres, including Westerns, children's fiction, historical romance, contemporary romance, fantasy, and one nonfiction book which is taking longer to compile than I ever dreamed possible.

In all my stories, though, no matter the genre, you will find a common thread. I became a follower of Jesus Christ in the summer of 1992, and He has completely changed my life. God has given me the ability to write, and I am attempting to give that talent back to Him. So, not wanting to pass up an opportunity to be a witness for my Lord, I try my best in all that I write to lead my readers to the foot of the cross. My books are not preachy, but you will find Jesus there, because they are His stories. He gives them to me, and I give them to you.

Writing is not the only thing I enjoy. I also like to sing, play piano, bake, knit and crochet, read and listen to music. I am by no means accomplished at any of these, but they do bring me happiness.

The purpose of this blog is to share with you, my faithful readers. I will often write about writing, but I do have a tendency to be unpredictable. So, expect the unexpected. Stories about my life as a woman who is blind just might pop up now and again. I hope you will subscribe and comment often. If you are on face book, come over and like my author page

Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment