Monday, April 24, 2023

Thumbs, Coke Zero, and Not Sweating the Small Stuff

A few weeks ago while washing dishes, I touched a wasp that I didn't know was there. He stunk my left thumb. Today while peeling potatoes I peeled a tiny section of my right thumb. Neither wound was severe. Still, my thumbs are mighty important, and it isn't until they are hurt that I realize how much I use them.


The spice rub I put on my chicken this evening was spicier than I first thought. It burned my mouth. To get rid of the heat, I ate a chocolate doughnut after dinner. After the doughnut, I drank more Coke Zero. A little silly to wory about no sugar in my pop but feeling ok about the sugar in that doughnut, right? LOL


3 things my younger self thought I'd never be able to say:

1. My girls are washing dishes while I sit on the couch

2. My first baby is graduating this spring

3. I'm a licensed minister


I probably should have accomplished more today than I actually did, but this week is the week we put homeschool portfolios together, so I'm not sweating the small stuff.


Oh, no, something just hit me; it's my oldest daughter's last portfolio. Where did the time go? I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this.


I think I'll enjoy the rest of this Monday and maybe do some reading before I say goodnight. Girls are almost finished in the kitchen, and I have a little more Coke Zero left. No more sweets. No more peeling potatoes. Going to rest my thumbs, and watch a few more episodes of Duck Dynasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment